By Joshua Harmon
Directed by Robert Coppel
July 21 to August 13, 2017
Auditions- Monday, April 17 and Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 7:30pm-9:30pm
Call Backs- Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 7:30pm-9:30pm
Location- Main Street Playhouse, 6766 Main Street, Miami Lakes, 33014
It is nighttime in March in New York City and today was the funeral of the patriarchal grandfather of the Feygenbaum and Haber families. The cousins are gathering at the West Side apartment studio that belongs to the Haber's. Daphna Feygenbaum and Jonah Haber are already at the studio apartment, soon to be joined by Jonah's older brother Liam, who missed the funeral as he was in Colorado with his girlfriend, Melody. A battle between Daphna and Liam ensues over their Pop Pop's Chai, a sentimental piece of jewelry he had since being a Holocaust survivor. Bad Jews is an ongoing battle that borders on class and religious warfare that will leave the audience howling with laughter as the cousins have at it.
- Daphna Feygenbaum - 22, getting ready to graduate from college. Liam and Jonah's first cousin, she has an opinion about everything and is never afraid to voice it. 2/3 body, 1/3 hair. Thick, intense, curly, frizzy, long brown hair. Hair that screams: Jew
- Liam Haber - 25, very intense and well educated; getting his Ph.D in Asian studies after being a Fulbright scholar in Japan. His mother is the sister of Daphne's father. He despises Daphna and can't stand being in the same room with her.
- Jonah Haber - 21, Liam's brother and a sophomore in college. He is not as book smart as Liam, but he is very sensitive and has a big heart. Does not like to get into confrontations of any kind. He is indifferent about Daphna, but makes an effort to get along.
- Melody - 24, Liam's girlfriend, she is a blonde and not a member of the Jewish tribe. She usually wears a barrette in her hair. She is crazy about Liam, but is not close to being on his intellectual level. A bit simple-minded at times, but a good person who is trying to make the best out of a terrible situation; definitely a peace-maker
Actors will receive compensation for their performance in this production.
- A recent headshot and updated resume
- All actors auditioning for Daphna and Liam should prepare a 1-2 minute monologue and be prepared to read from the script.
- All actors auditioning for Jonah and Melody should be prepared to read from the script.
- Any foreseeable conflicts during the rehearsal process
- All actors who audition will receive an audition form to complete prior to the audition date. These audition forms should be sent to Robert Coppel at RCoppel@icloud.com
To schedule an audition time please email Robert Coppel at RCoppel@icloud.com
Be sure to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list for all future updates regarding auditions and productions taking place at the Main Street Playhouse.